- 1 What is the best month to visit Hilton Head?
- 2 Is it safe to swim in Hilton Head?
- 3 Do you have to take a ferry to Hilton Head Island?
- 4 Are there crocodiles in Hilton Head?
- 5 What part of Hilton Head is best?
- 6 Is Hilton Head expensive?
- 7 Are there sharks in Hilton Head Island?
- 8 Can you drink alcohol on the beach in Hilton Head?
- 9 Why are there no waves in Hilton Head?
- 10 Do you need a car on Hilton Head Island?
- 11 Which is better Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach?
- 12 How long is the ferry ride from Hilton Head to Savannah?
- 13 How much does it cost to live in Hilton Head?
- 14 Is it safe to kayak with alligators?
- 15 Is Hilton Head warmer than Myrtle Beach?
What is the best month to visit Hilton Head?
The best time to visit Hilton Head is April and May as well as September and October. Spring and fall offer fewer crowds and lower lodging rates all the while maintaining temperatures that are still beach-friendly.
Is it safe to swim in Hilton Head?
On Hilton Head, about 80 lifeguards patrol 13.5 miles of shoreline during daytime hours. “You are much safer swimming in an area where lifeguards can see you.” “On Hilton Head, we clear the water more often for sharks than we do for rip currents, but they are still a threat,” Wagner said.
Do you have to take a ferry to Hilton Head Island?
Vacation Tips: Hilton Head Island | Cape May-Lewes Ferry. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR FERRY TRAVEL.
Are there crocodiles in Hilton Head?
Hilton Head and the lagoons of the lowcountry are brimming with alligators. Many get to be 10-12 feet long. Crocodiles don’t normally venture this far north.
What part of Hilton Head is best?
3 of the Best Places to Stay in Hilton Head
- North Forest Beach. In terms of entertainment, North Forest Beach is the go-to place!
- South Forest Beach. Nestled between Coligny Plaza and Sea Pines Plantation, South Forest Beach is a one mile stretch of scenic shoreline.
- Sea Pines.
Is Hilton Head expensive?
You should plan to spend around $195 per day on your vacation in Hilton Head Island, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Also, the average hotel price in Hilton Head Island for a couple is $206. So, a trip to Hilton Head Island for two people for one week costs on average $2,724.
Are there sharks in Hilton Head Island?
But Hilton Head visitors don’t have to worry about attacks from sharks. “ There’s nothing to worry about when it comes to swimming off of Hilton Head,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of big sharks out there, but they’re not cruising the beach. We haven’t had a fatality since the 1840s.”
Can you drink alcohol on the beach in Hilton Head?
Drinking /possession of alcohol on Hilton Head’s public beaches is illegal and could result in a fine of up to $500.
Why are there no waves in Hilton Head?
Hilton Head is mostly beachbreak, producing a gradual inclination to shore. Waves on Hilton Head do not wrap around points to gather speed and size, as they do along the West Coast of Mexico, or come racing out of the deep into shallow reefs like they do on Hawaii’s north shore.
Do you need a car on Hilton Head Island?
Hilton Head is small (only 42 square miles), so you don’t need to travel too far to get from one part of the island to the other (it takes about a half-hour by car ). And with more than 60 miles of bike-friendly trails that weave through the island, you may find that you won’t need your car all that much to begin with.
Which is better Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach?
In short, Hilton Head is a much more upscale place than Myrtle Beach. It doesn’t have the ‘in your face’ commercialism that you would find in places like Daytona and Cocoa Beach. Both have their pros and cons. If you have teenagers, they will enjoy Myrtle Beach more.
How long is the ferry ride from Hilton Head to Savannah?
8 hours (Approx.)
How much does it cost to live in Hilton Head?
Hilton Head Island cost of living is 122.1
|COST OF LIVING||Hilton Head Island||USA|
|Median Home Cost||$431,900||$231,200|
Is it safe to kayak with alligators?
Kayaking with alligators is generally a very safe activity. Most alligators you come across will want nothing to do with you, and maintaining a respectful distance will minimize any chance of an encounter.
Is Hilton Head warmer than Myrtle Beach?
The average temps in Hilton Head are about 2 degrees warmer than Myrtle Beach, with Charleston’s temps somewhere in the middle.