- 1 Is Navarre Beach better than Destin?
- 2 What is Navarre Beach known for?
- 3 How far is Navarre Beach from Destin?
- 4 Is Navarre FL safe?
- 5 Is Navarre Beach Water clear?
- 6 Who owns Navarre Beach?
- 7 Which is the prettiest beach in Florida?
- 8 Where is the prettiest beach in Florida?
- 9 Are there sharks at Navarre Beach?
- 10 Can you drink alcohol on Navarre Beach?
- 11 Is Navarre beach safe to swim?
- 12 Where are the whitest beaches in Florida?
- 13 Is Navarre FL a good place to live?
- 14 Which Jaws was filmed in Navarre Beach?
- 15 How many hurricanes have hit Navarre Florida?
When trying to choose Navarre Beach vs Destin, you really can’t lose! While Destin offers the perfect combination of beach town and big city, Navarre Beach offers the tranquil, relaxing coastal experience to soothe your soul.
Navarre Beach is famous for its crystal clear swimming emerald waters. Picnics on the beach or in one of the parks are a popular pastime. There’s an abundance of bike and jogging paths, and the untarnished beauty has long attracted visitors.
Navarre Beach is a remote far smaller beach destination located about forty-five minutes west of Destin on Highway 98, which is almost halfway over to Pensacola.
Compared to other communities of similar population size, Navarre has a crime rate that is noticeably lower than the average. This means that for comparably sized cities all across America, Navarre is actually safer than most according to NeighborhoodScout’s exclusive analysis of FBI crime data.
Navarre Beach in Florida is nestled on the Gulf of Mexico between Pensacola and Destin. It is part of the famous “Emerald Coast” of Florida where you’ll find powdery white beaches and clear blue-green water.
The Navarre Pier was originally constructed in 1974 and today is the longest fishing pier in the state of Florida at 1,545 feet long. So who owns Navarre Beach? It is clear that Escambia County actually owns the property but leases it long term to Santa Rosa County.
Which is the prettiest beach in Florida?
The winners in the ‘Best Florida Beach’ contest category for USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice are as follows:
- Gulf Islands National Seashore – Pensacola.
- Clearwater Beach – Clearwater.
- Siesta Beach – Siesta Key.
- Playalinda – Titusville.
- Pass-a-Grille Beach – St.
- Caladesi Island State Park – Dunedin.
Where is the prettiest beach in Florida?
12 Best Beaches in Florida (Video)
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park, Key West.
- Miramar Beach, South Walton.
- Cocoa Beach, Brevard County.
- South Beach Park, Vero Beach.
- Juno Beach Park, Juno Beach.
- Bowman’s Beach, Sanibel Island.
- Delray Beach, Palm Beach County.
- Lummus Park Beach, Miami Beach.
You will not be disappointed with Navarre Beach. No sharks here!
Navarre Beach Drinking Rules and Regulations So, even if the beach you choose allows alcohol, it still must be in a plastic or non-glass container. Just because alcohol can now be purchased 7 days a week in Navarre, doesn’t mean it can be consumed anywhere at any time.
I have spoken with FDOH and all water surrounding Navarre Beach is absolutely safe to swim. 26, did not indicate hazardous levels of bacteria on Navarre Beach. No health advisories have been issued for any Santa Rosa County beaches as of last week, Grissom said.
Where are the whitest beaches in Florida?
Gulf Coast beaches have sand that’s made of pure, white quartz. Siesta Key boasts some of the softest, whitest sand on the planet.
Overall, Navarre is easily one of the best places to live in Florida from what I can tell. There are beautiful beaches and their is amazing southern hospitality. However, the weather is consistently bipolar, with days being humid, raining, and foggy all at once and others with a category 4 hurricane in your backyard.
The movie “ Jaws 2 ” was shot in, among other locations, Navarre, Shalimar, Destin and Fort Walton Beach in 1977. Photos from Tom Rice and Florida Memory, the Florida state photo archive. The Daily News makes no claim of authorship or ownership and presents them only as a historical curiosity.
Hurricane Information For Navarre, FL 57 hurricanes have been recorded in the Navarre, FL since 1930. The largest hurricane was Elena in 1985. The most recent Navarre, FL hurricane was Five in 2010.