- 1 What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
- 2 Is Waikiki Beach dangerous?
- 3 How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
- 4 What is the oldest hotel in Waikiki?
- 5 What should I avoid in Oahu?
- 6 What should you not miss in Waikiki?
- 7 Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
- 8 What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- 9 How much spending money will I need for a week in Hawaii?
- 10 Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
- 11 Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
- 12 How do I get to Ala Moana?
- 13 Is Chinatown Honolulu safe?
- 14 What is the pink hotel on Waikiki Beach?
What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
The Best Places in Honolulu for Tourists
- Waikiki. A former resort for Hawaiian royalty in the 1800s, Waikiki is Hawaii’s first travel destination.
- Ala Moana. North of Waikiki across the Ala Wai Canal is the Ala Moana neighborhood, known for shopping and white-sand beaches.
- Kaimuki and Kapahulu.
- Diamond Head.
Is Waikiki Beach dangerous?
Not too far away from Waikiki, you will find the most dangerous beach in America! About 30 minutes away from Waikiki Beach, there is one of the most dangerous beach in the US. There, the waves can even be fatal on a very nice and sunny day.
How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
Ala Moana Hotel is 1.5 miles from Waikiki Beach, 2.5 miles from downtown Honolulu’s financial center and government offices, and a quick 8 miles from Honolulu International Airport.
What is the oldest hotel in Waikiki?
The Moana Hotel is a historic hotel building in Honolulu, Hawaii, located at 2365 Kalākaua Avenue in the Waikiki neighborhood. Built in the late 19th century as the first hotel in Waikiki, the Moana opened in 1901. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
What should I avoid in Oahu?
What to Do in Oahu: 10 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- Never Leaving the Resort.
- Not Getting a Rental Car and Exploring the Island.
- Forgetting to Bring Cash.
- Having a Packed Schedule.
- Not Respecting Local Wildlife and Animals.
- Stepping On Coral.
- Taking Lava Rocks and Sand Home With You.
- Not Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone.
What should you not miss in Waikiki?
Here are five things you must do when you ‘re in Honolulu.
- Turtle Beach. If you want to see green sea turtles in their natural habitat, you can’t miss Turtle Beach on the north shore.
- Ali`i Beach Park.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
- Pearl Harbor.
Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
Sharks seen at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki again The shark is pretty close to the people in the water there who don’t seem to be aware of the shark nearby. Officials say three white tip sharks were seen feeding on a large school of fish about 20 to 30 yards from shore.
What should I avoid in Hawaii?
10 Things Not To Do in Hawaii
- Don’t stand next to the blowhole.
- Don’t eat at a chain restaurant.
- Don’t let a commercial luau be your only exposure to Hawaiian culture.
- Don’t limit your visit to Oahu.
- And don’t avoid the Island of Hawaii.
- Don’t only stay in resort towns.
- Don’t hike illegally or start a hike late in the day.
- Don’t take lava rocks.
How much spending money will I need for a week in Hawaii?
Put these numbers on your website. A vacation to Hawaii for one week usually costs around $1,882 for one person. So, a trip to Hawaii for two people costs around $3,765 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $7,529 in Hawaii.
Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
Take a free ride on the Waikiki trolley it is a worth a ride. The driver also acts as a great source of information for first timers to Hawaii.
Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
Just west of Waikiki, this beautiful half-mile beach is protected by a fringing reef for calm waters. Pack a picnic, bring food to barbecue or head to one of Ala Moana’s concession stands for lunch.
How do I get to Ala Moana?
The closest stations to Ala Moana Center are:
- Kona St + Opp Keeaumoku St (Fs) is 152 yards away, 2 min walk.
- Kona St + Opp Keeaumoku St (Ns) is 200 yards away, 3 min walk.
- Kapiolani Bl + Keeaumoku St is 387 yards away, 5 min walk.
- Kona St + Opp Kona Iki St (Ns) is 441 yards away, 6 min walk.
Is Chinatown Honolulu safe?
Below are some areas to avoid on the island: Chinatown – There can be extremely violent crimes during the evening. Wahiawa – Wahiawa has a crime rate that is higher than 53% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes. Waianae – Waianae is home to hardworking poor locals and there are many homeless people in the area.
What is the pink hotel on Waikiki Beach?
The Royal Hawaiian Hotel is a beachfront luxury hotel located in Waikiki in Honolulu, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu.