- 1 How much does it cost to seal a wood deck?
- 2 How much does PermaSeal cost for deck?
- 3 How often do you need to paint your deck?
- 4 How much does a gallon of Thompson Water Seal cover?
- 5 How much does it cost to stain a 12×12 deck?
- 6 What is the best wood deck sealer?
- 7 Is it better to stain or seal a deck?
- 8 Is Thompson’s Water Seal any good?
- 9 How do you seal a deck for the first time?
- 10 How often should you seal a deck?
- 11 Should I power wash my deck?
- 12 What is the best time to paint deck?
- 13 What is the longest lasting deck paint?
- 14 What is the best color to paint a deck?
How much does it cost to seal a wood deck?
Cost to Seal a Deck Sealing a deck costs $882 or typically between $551 and $1,263. You’ll pay $0.75 to $4 per square foot for both materials and labor. Labor alone makes up 50% to 75% of the total price. Cost factors include regional worker rates, complexity, size, prep needs and accessibility.
How much does PermaSeal cost for deck?
The costs to apply sealer or both stain and sealer are: $300 to $400 for a 250 square foot deck. Add in staining for $400 to $600 total. What is PermaSeal? Simply put, PermaSeal is a silicone-based product that restores concrete and wood.
How often do you need to paint your deck?
A well-maintained deck not only looks great, it lasts longer, too. Decks should be refinished every two to three years. Deck maintenance, and when you should do it, depends on variables such as the type of deck material, the current condition of the wood, and more.
How much does a gallon of Thompson Water Seal cover?
A gallon only covers so many square feet: One gallon of sealer covers 200-300 square feet. One gallon of waterproofing covers 100-200 square feet.
How much does it cost to stain a 12×12 deck?
A 12×12 deck costs $226 to $582 to stain when paying someone, or $59 to $176 to stain it yourself. A gallon of stain costs $20 to $50, which covers 200 to 300 square feet.
What is the best wood deck sealer?
Our Top Picks
- BEST OVERALL: SEAL-ONCE MARINE Penetrating Wood Sealer.
- EASIEST APPLICATION: Eco Advance Exterior Wood Water Repellent.
- BEST VALUE: Olympic Stain Smartguard Concentrated Sealant.
- LONGEST-LASTING SEAL: Olympic Stain Maximum Waterproofing Sealant.
Is it better to stain or seal a deck?
A: It’s really up to you. Just staining the deck will give you the color you want, although in high-traffic areas the stain could wear away quickly. The advantage of this, they say, is the sealer provides additional protection against water and weather damage, while the stain helps reduce fading from UV rays.
Is Thompson’s Water Seal any good?
Very durable. 5.0 out of 5 stars Love Thompson’s Water Seal with the harvest gold color! Basically, it takes your weather worn fence and restores it back to almost new looking boards, plus protecting it from the elements. I used my spray gun to apply, and a little goes a long way.
How do you seal a deck for the first time?
Apply the deck sealer with a natural bristle brush. A roller is faster, but brushing helps force the sealer into open pores and grain. Make sure to get the sealer into joints where two boards butt together. Apply the deck sealer to three or four boards at once, working their entire length.
How often should you seal a deck?
Applying a sealer and/or stain typically is recommended every one to three years, depending on the finishing product, deck use, weather conditions, and sun exposure.
Should I power wash my deck?
Ideally, power washing a wood deck will not ruin the wood and etch or erode the softwood fibers. However, when wood gets wet, the fibers may become raised, creating a rough surface. This is a particular problem on handrails, where the raised fibers can lead to splinters. Make sure the wood is dry before sanding.
What is the best time to paint deck?
Consumer Reports notes the best time to paint or stain a deck is late spring when temperatures are between 60 and 85°F and the nights are cool.
What is the longest lasting deck paint?
Longest – lasting: Benjamin Moore INSL-X Tough Shield Floor and Patio. This water-based product is great for exterior surfaces. It’s abrasion-proof, durable, and specially-designed to outlast similar products. It’s a bit more expensive, but you won’t need to repaint your deck as often as you might with a different paint.
What is the best color to paint a deck?
Plan On Painting Your Deck? The 5 Best Deck Colors
- Slate Grey. If you are after a contemporary feel for your new deck area, then slate grey is one of the best deck paint colors to use.
- Black. If you wish to go even bolder than slate grey, black is another attractive option to consider.
- Dark Blue.
- Chocolate Brown.