- 1 How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
- 2 What should I avoid in Oahu?
- 3 Which side of Oahu is best?
- 4 What is the biggest mall in Honolulu?
- 5 Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
- 6 Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
- 7 Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
- 8 Is Waikiki safe at night?
- 9 What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- 10 What part of Oahu has the best weather?
- 11 Where is the clearest water in Oahu?
- 12 How many days do you need in Oahu?
- 13 Are luxury bags cheaper in Hawaii?
- 14 Can you drink tap water in Waikiki?
- 15 What does Ala Moana mean in Hawaiian?
How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
Ala Moana Hotel is 1.5 miles from Waikiki Beach, 2.5 miles from downtown Honolulu’s financial center and government offices, and a quick 8 miles from Honolulu International Airport.
What should I avoid in Oahu?
What to Do in Oahu: 10 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- Never Leaving the Resort.
- Not Getting a Rental Car and Exploring the Island.
- Forgetting to Bring Cash.
- Having a Packed Schedule.
- Not Respecting Local Wildlife and Animals.
- Stepping On Coral.
- Taking Lava Rocks and Sand Home With You.
- Not Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone.
Which side of Oahu is best?
Which part of Oahu should you stay on?
- Waikiki/Honolulu. Waikiki is where most visitors to Oahu stay, and for good reasons.
- North Shore. Oahu’s fabled North Shore is known for the huge waves that draw surfers from all over the world, a more laid-back vibe, and local shops and farms.
What is the biggest mall in Honolulu?
Honolulu is home to Ala Moana Center, the world’s largest outdoor mall.
Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
Take a free ride on the Waikiki trolley it is a worth a ride. The driver also acts as a great source of information for first timers to Hawaii.
Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
Just west of Waikiki, this beautiful half-mile beach is protected by a fringing reef for calm waters. Pack a picnic, bring food to barbecue or head to one of Ala Moana’s concession stands for lunch.
Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
Sharks seen at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki again The shark is pretty close to the people in the water there who don’t seem to be aware of the shark nearby. Officials say three white tip sharks were seen feeding on a large school of fish about 20 to 30 yards from shore.
Is Waikiki safe at night?
The Waikiki area is the touristic center of the country, so it can get very crowded at night, which brings about police presence to prevent petty as well as violent crime. The main thing to worry about here is thieves and pickpockets stealing your valuables while you stop to watch street performers.
What should I avoid in Hawaii?
Below, 16 things you should avoid doing in Hawaii.
- Call locals “Hawaiians.”
- Tell locals you’d sleep on the beach if it meant you could live in Hawaii.
- Assume that living in the islands is a day at the beach.
- Start speaking pidgin the second you get off the plane.
- Congest the roads to take in the sights.
What part of Oahu has the best weather?
Oahu is generally drier on the Leeward Coast (west) and wetter and greener on the Windward Coast (east). The resort area of Waikiki and the surfing mecca of the North Shore offer pleasant weather year round.
Where is the clearest water in Oahu?
Oahu. Lanikai Beach: Lanikai Beach on Oahu’s windward side is one of the most beautiful and popular beaches on Oahu. It’s a mile-long beach lined with coconut palms and sparkling clear water, which makes for amazing photos.
How many days do you need in Oahu?
With so much to do, how many days do you need on Oahu? Five days is how many days you need to visit Oahu. With a minimum of five days on Oahu, you will have time to visit the south and north shores, see the best beaches, go to a luau, and do the worthwhile activities and sights around Oahu.
Are luxury bags cheaper in Hawaii?
If you go to Hawaii for vacation, keep in mind that authentic luxury items (esp bags ) are likely to cost less i than on the U.S. mainland. Two things affect the prices here: low sales tax (4.5% in Honolulu, even lower for outer islands) and Hawaii is part of the Asian market for luxury goods.
Can you drink tap water in Waikiki?
The Honolulu Board of Water Supply says Oahu’s municipal water is safe to drink and use, and it does not require treatment by home filtration units. Tap water in Hawaii is not only safe to drink, but it’s just as safe to drink as bottled water.
What does Ala Moana mean in Hawaiian?
The name Ala Moana means “path to the sea,” which is fitting due to the shopping center’s proximity to the sea.