- 1 How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
- 2 Which part of Waikiki Beach is best?
- 3 Is it better to stay in Honolulu or Waikiki?
- 4 What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
- 5 Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
- 6 Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
- 7 Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
- 8 Why is Waikiki Beach so famous?
- 9 Can you swim at Waikiki Beach?
- 10 What should I avoid in Oahu?
- 11 Where is the clearest water in Oahu?
- 12 How many days do you need in Oahu?
- 13 What should you not miss in Waikiki?
- 14 Where is the best location to stay in Hawaii?
- 15 What is the best part of Oahu to stay?
How far is Ala Moana from Waikiki Beach?
Ala Moana Hotel is 1.5 miles from Waikiki Beach, 2.5 miles from downtown Honolulu’s financial center and government offices, and a quick 8 miles from Honolulu International Airport.
Which part of Waikiki Beach is best?
Best beaches are Kuhio Beach (much of it has a breakwall), Queen’s Surf ( right next to Kuhio Beach ), Waikiki Beach (in front of Moana Surfrider, Outrigger Waikiki, Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton Waikiki, Halekulani & Outrigger Reef). On the other end of Waikiki, the best beach is Ft. DeRussy Beach.
Is it better to stay in Honolulu or Waikiki?
If you’re only going to be on the island for a few days, Waikiki is the easiest place to stay. The north shore and Kailua are by far better places to stay to get a true feel of Oahu, but apart from Turtle Bay Resort on the north shore, that means you’ll be staying in a bnb or vacation rental.
What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
The Best Places in Honolulu for Tourists
- Waikiki. A former resort for Hawaiian royalty in the 1800s, Waikiki is Hawaii’s first travel destination.
- Ala Moana. North of Waikiki across the Ala Wai Canal is the Ala Moana neighborhood, known for shopping and white-sand beaches.
- Kaimuki and Kapahulu.
- Diamond Head.
Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
Take a free ride on the Waikiki trolley it is a worth a ride. The driver also acts as a great source of information for first timers to Hawaii.
Can you grill at Ala Moana Beach Park?
Just west of Waikiki, this beautiful half-mile beach is protected by a fringing reef for calm waters. Pack a picnic, bring food to barbecue or head to one of Ala Moana’s concession stands for lunch.
Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
Sharks seen at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki again The shark is pretty close to the people in the water there who don’t seem to be aware of the shark nearby. Officials say three white tip sharks were seen feeding on a large school of fish about 20 to 30 yards from shore.
Why is Waikiki Beach so famous?
Known in Hawaiian as “spouting waters,” Waikiki was introduced to the world when its first hotel, the Moana Surfrider, was built on its shores in 1901. Waikiki is famous for its beaches and every hotel room is just two or three blocks away from the ocean (if it’s not directly on the beach ).
Can you swim at Waikiki Beach?
Waikiki Beach Since Waikiki Beach is right along the city, you ‘ll find a ton of places to grab a bite to eat while you ‘re swimming in the crystal-clear blue water! There’s also a ton of other activities, like canoeing, paddleboarding, and snorkeling you should check out while you ‘re at Waikiki Beach.
What should I avoid in Oahu?
What to Do in Oahu: 10 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- Never Leaving the Resort.
- Not Getting a Rental Car and Exploring the Island.
- Forgetting to Bring Cash.
- Having a Packed Schedule.
- Not Respecting Local Wildlife and Animals.
- Stepping On Coral.
- Taking Lava Rocks and Sand Home With You.
- Not Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone.
Where is the clearest water in Oahu?
Oahu. Lanikai Beach: Lanikai Beach on Oahu’s windward side is one of the most beautiful and popular beaches on Oahu. It’s a mile-long beach lined with coconut palms and sparkling clear water, which makes for amazing photos.
How many days do you need in Oahu?
With so much to do, how many days do you need on Oahu? Five days is how many days you need to visit Oahu. With a minimum of five days on Oahu, you will have time to visit the south and north shores, see the best beaches, go to a luau, and do the worthwhile activities and sights around Oahu.
What should you not miss in Waikiki?
Here are five things you must do when you ‘re in Honolulu.
- Turtle Beach. If you want to see green sea turtles in their natural habitat, you can’t miss Turtle Beach on the north shore.
- Ali`i Beach Park.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
- Pearl Harbor.
Where is the best location to stay in Hawaii?
- The Big Island – Where to stay in Hawaii to see active volcanoes.
- Maui – Best island to stay in Hawaii for first time.
- Lanai – Best places to stay in Hawaii for couples.
- Oahu – Where to stay in Hawaii for foodies.
- Kauai – Where to stay in Hawaii for nature lovers.
- Molokai – Where to stay in Hawaii and live like the locals.
What is the best part of Oahu to stay?
Waikiki is the hub of Oahu. Let’s start with Waikiki because it is the most popular place to stay on Oahu. The majority of the hotels are on this famous strip of beach. There are hundreds of restaurants, cafe’s, tour centers, transport options, and convenience stores.