- 1 What part of Hilton Head is best?
- 2 What is the best time of year to go to Hilton Head?
- 3 Is Hilton Head Island SC Safe?
- 4 How much does it cost to go to Hilton Head?
- 5 Is Hilton Head expensive to live?
- 6 What is the coldest month in Hilton Head SC?
- 7 Is Hilton Head snobby?
- 8 What is there to do in Hilton Head in April 2020?
- 9 Do any celebrities live in Hilton Head?
- 10 Is it safe to swim in Hilton Head?
- 11 Why did Hilton Head Steamers close?
- 12 Did Hilton Head get hit by hurricane?
- 13 Do you need a car on Hilton Head?
- 14 Are cars allowed on Hilton Head Island?
- 15 What airlines fly direct to Hilton Head?
What part of Hilton Head is best?
3 of the Best Places to Stay in Hilton Head
- North Forest Beach. In terms of entertainment, North Forest Beach is the go-to place!
- South Forest Beach. Nestled between Coligny Plaza and Sea Pines Plantation, South Forest Beach is a one mile stretch of scenic shoreline.
- Sea Pines.
What is the best time of year to go to Hilton Head?
The best time to visit Hilton Head is April and May as well as September and October. Spring and fall offer fewer crowds and lower lodging rates all the while maintaining temperatures that are still beach-friendly. Summer is also a great time to visit the island, as the weather is perfect for swimming in the ocean.
Is Hilton Head Island SC Safe?
Hilton Head Island has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Hilton Head Island is 1 in 73.
How much does it cost to go to Hilton Head?
A vacation to Hilton Head Island for one week usually costs around $1,362 for one person. So, a trip to Hilton Head Island for two people costs around $2,724 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $5,448 in Hilton Head Island.
Is Hilton Head expensive to live?
Hilton Head Island’s housing expenses are 15% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 10% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 5% lower than the national average. Healthcare in Hilton Head Island is 5% higher than the national average.
What is the coldest month in Hilton Head SC?
With an average high-temperature of 57.4°F (14.1°C) and an average low-temperature of 46°F (7.8°C), January is the coldest month in Hilton Head Island.
Is Hilton Head snobby?
Hilton Head ranks as the second snobbiest place in South Carolina. And it’s so snobby it actually has a moat around itself to keep the common folk out. In fact, you need to pass the snobby tourist test in order to gain entrance.
What is there to do in Hilton Head in April 2020?
Top Attractions in Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Island Bike Trails. 3,138. Hiking Trails.
- Coligny Beach. 4,131. Beaches.
- Coastal Discovery Museum. 1,139.
- Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge. 939.
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve. 1,226.
- Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina. 1,243.
- Folly Field Beach Park. 418.
- Hilton Head Distillery. 331.
Do any celebrities live in Hilton Head?
Famous People Live in Hilton Head Famous people who either currently or at one time resided on Hilton Head Island include Arthur Blank, Patricia Cornwell, Bobby Cremins, John Jakes, Michael Jordan, and John Mellencamp.
Is it safe to swim in Hilton Head?
On Hilton Head, about 80 lifeguards patrol 13.5 miles of shoreline during daytime hours. “You are much safer swimming in an area where lifeguards can see you.” “On Hilton Head, we clear the water more often for sharks than we do for rip currents, but they are still a threat,” Wagner said.
Why did Hilton Head Steamers close?
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WTOC) – A lot of South Carolina restaurants are working on reopening right now, but one Lowcountry restaurant had their grand opening in the midst of the pandemic. Steamer Seafood closed their doors after Hurricane Matthew, after more than 20 years in the Lowcountry.
Did Hilton Head get hit by hurricane?
The last major hurricane to hit Hilton Head was a storm named Gracie back in 1959. Hilton Head was also the projected landing spot for Hurricane Hugo, until Hugo took a last minute turn and hit Charleston.
Do you need a car on Hilton Head?
Hilton Head is small (only 42 square miles), so you don’t need to travel too far to get from one part of the island to the other (it takes about a half-hour by car ). And with more than 60 miles of bike-friendly trails that weave through the island, you may find that you won’t need your car all that much to begin with.
Are cars allowed on Hilton Head Island?
Vehicles /Bicycles Bicycles are welcome, and Hilton Head Island has miles of beautiful paved paths to enjoy. You can, however, drive in, pay the gate fee, park your vehicle at the Trolley stop and take the complimentary trolley into Harbour Town, Sea Pines Center and Sea Pines Beach Club.
What airlines fly direct to Hilton Head?
Savannah/ Hilton Head International Airport Choose from a selection of eight different airlines – Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Sun Country, or United – offering nonstop service to a variety of major cities.