- 1 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 2 What Morocco is famous for?
- 3 Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
- 4 What is the best thing about Morocco?
- 5 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 6 Do I have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
- 7 What is the most famous food in Morocco?
- 8 What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
- 9 Why is Marrakech so popular?
- 10 Is Morocco expensive to visit?
- 11 Is alcohol allowed in Morocco?
- 12 Is Casablanca worth visiting?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 14 Why would you want to visit Morocco?
- 15 What is unique about Moroccan culture?
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What Morocco is famous for?
7 Spectacular Things Morocco is Known For
- The Sahara Desert. When most people choose to travel to Morocco, it’s to see the famed Sahara Desert.
- Hassan II Mosque.
- Mint Tea and Pastries.
- Majorelle Garden.
- The Architecture.
- Todgha Gorge.
Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
What is the best thing about Morocco?
Morocco is known for being one of the most tolerant of the Arab nations. The country is relatively safe, peaceful, and stable. Moroccan people, both Arabic and Berber, are also noted for their warm hospitality and warm, friendly nature.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Do I have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
While some boys and young men wear shorts in public, it is less common, particularly among adult men. Morocco is sweltering in the summer months; however, it’s still necessary to cover the shoulders and legs. It’s not necessary for non-Muslim women to wear a hijab, or a veil that conceals a woman’s hair.
What is the most famous food in Morocco?
The main Moroccan dish most people are familiar with is couscous; beef is the most commonly eaten red meat in Morocco, usually eaten in a tagine with a wide selection of vegetables. Chicken is also very commonly used in tagines or roasted.
What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
The Best Facts about Morocco
- Morocco in Arabic is Al Maghreb which means the place where the sun sets.
- It borders two seas.
- It is only 8 miles from Europe.
- There are no camels in Morocco only dromedaries.
- Berbers make up around 40% of the population.
- The best rapper in the country is called Muslim.
- Morocco is a Muslim country.
Why is Marrakech so popular?
Marrakech is also known as the city of luxury, thanks to its famous palaces, 5-star restaurants, luxury spas and hammams and charming riads (traditional houses) in the medina. Amongst others, there is the Mamounia and its enchanting gardens, the luxurious Royal Mansour hammam and the refined cuisine of Namaskar Palace.
Is Morocco expensive to visit?
However, Morocco is still relatively cheap for many things and can be considered a budget destination if you bear these points in mind. Museums in Morocco are very affordable even when looking at it from the perspective of locals. Even a major tourist destination like Marrakech has very affordable entry fees.
Is alcohol allowed in Morocco?
Although Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol, Morocco is a moderate Islamic country and you are likely to feel free to drink in moderation in private or where alcohol is being served. In medinas alcohol cannot be purchased in shops, although many riads and hotels offer it.
Is Casablanca worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May ) or fall ( September to October ). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Why would you want to visit Morocco?
One of the reasons Morocco is a good place to visit is its varied geography! Morocco doesn’t just have paradise beaches and sweeping expanses of desert, it also has mountains! Morocco has two major mountain ranges, the Rif Mountains in the north and the Atlas Mountains stretching through the middle of the country.
What is unique about Moroccan culture?
The culture of Morocco is a blend of ethnic tradition and religion, reflecting the Berber, African, Arabs, and Jewish influence. The Moroccan music is characterized by several traditional instruments mainly of the Arab and Amazigh origin. It is home to Andalusian classical music which is common throughout North Africa.