- 1 Is Casablanca worth visiting?
- 2 What is Casablanca Morocco known for?
- 3 What is there to do in Casablanca in 3 days?
- 4 Is Casablanca Morocco safe to visit?
- 5 Which is better Casablanca or Marrakech?
- 6 How many days do you need in Casablanca?
- 7 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 8 Can you wear shorts in Morocco?
- 9 Is Casablanca safe at night?
- 10 What should I buy in Casablanca Morocco?
- 11 What is there to do in Casablanca in 2 days?
- 12 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 13 Can a woman wear shorts in Morocco?
- 14 What’s the most dangerous city in Morocco?
Is Casablanca worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
What is Casablanca Morocco known for?
Casablanca is the main gateway to Morocco and most visitors’ first taste of the country, as it is home to the primary international airport. This bustling city is Morocco’s business powerhouse and industrial center, with a modern swagger that is unseen in other parts of the country.
What is there to do in Casablanca in 3 days?
4 more things you must do in Casablanca
- Attend Jazzablanca. jazzablanca_fest. Casablanca, Morocco.
- Bag a unique stay. hotelledoge. Hôtel Le Doge Relais & Châteaux – Casablanca.
- Wander around a must- see museum. Traditional Berber jewellery (Shutterstock)
- Take the train. The Al Boraq (Shutterstock)
Is Casablanca Morocco safe to visit?
Casablanca is, for the most part, a safe city to visit. Its crime rates are relatively low, but it is advised to remain vigilant at all times and keep your valuables in a safe place. It is expected of tourists to be respectful of Islamic culture and customs.
Which is better Casablanca or Marrakech?
Casablanca is the business capital of Morocco, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, with a much more modern and less traditional Moroccan feel. Visitors generally recommend Marrakech over Casablanca for its vibe, colors and smells, history, and tourist-friendly atmosphere (despite some hassles).
How many days do you need in Casablanca?
Casablanca is Morocco’s largest city but with three days, there’s time to cover the highlights and explore further afield. To maximize time, opt for tours that combine multiple sights or day trips that visit two cities in one day.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.
Can you wear shorts in Morocco?
BOTTOMS. Cultural Guidelines: Moroccan men don’t usually wear shorts. However, as tourists, it will be fine for you to wear shorts. If you want to fit in a little better, then you could consider packing long pants.
Is Casablanca safe at night?
As always, common sense is the most important tool for staying safe. This is a general recommendation for any unfamiliar area, but should be followed in Casablanca as well: Avoid traveling alone at night. Although it is not a major concern, street crime and petty theft does occur in Casablanca.
What should I buy in Casablanca Morocco?
Casablanca: 15 Shopping Ideas for Travelers
- Ceramic Articles. Pottery appeared in Morocco 1000 years ago when the Berber population (Maures) built ovens in Fez, Meknes, Safi and Marrakech.
- Moroccan Jewelry.
- Teapot or Barad.
- Copper Articles.
- Argan Oil.
- Perfume Bottles.
- Leather Goods.
What is there to do in Casablanca in 2 days?
Top things to see in Casablanca in two days
- Visit the splendid Hassan II mosque.
- Walk around Casablanca cathedral.
- Enjoy a tune played on the piano at Rick’s Cafe.
- Mohammed V square.
- The king’s palace.
- Spend time with local fishermen.
- Wander in the little streets of the old medina.
- The corniche.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
Can a woman wear shorts in Morocco?
Showing elbows is fine! In bigger cities (and especially in Marrakech, which is often filled with European tourists), you’ll definitely see women walking around in shorts and strappy tops or dresses – but these are also the women that experience the most verbal harassment.
What’s the most dangerous city in Morocco?
Casablanca: Casablanca is Morocco’s economic capital, but it has a dangerous side. Statistically, Casablanca is the most dangerous city in Morocco. Much of this stems from the big-city negative influences of drugs and organized crime. Tangier: Tangier is a little more relaxed than the other cities on the list.