- 1 Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
- 2 Is it cold in Morocco in December?
- 3 How hot is Marrakech in December?
- 4 Is Morocco sunny in December?
- 5 What is there to do in Morocco in December?
- 6 What is there to do in Marrakech in December?
- 7 What should I pack for Morocco in December?
- 8 Is food expensive in Morocco?
- 9 How expensive is Morocco for travel?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Morocco?
- 11 Where is hottest in December?
- 12 Can you sunbathe in Marrakech in January?
- 13 Is Marrakech safe?
- 14 Where is hot in December in Europe?
- 15 How safe is Morocco?
Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
December is a great time to make a winter escape to Morocco. Although it is one of the colder months of the year, it is quite comfortable during the day when the sun is out. There is so much beautiful land to explore in Morocco, and a sunny December day is a great time to head out for a long hike.
Is it cold in Morocco in December?
As you already guess, the winters in Morocco are quite mild. Generally, Morocco’s weather in December offers average temperatures of 20°C/68°F during the day and 8°C/47°F during the night.
How hot is Marrakech in December?
It’s pretty mild at this time of year, but it’s a good idea to bring along a jumper or light jacket for the evenings. The average daily maximum is 21 C and the average daily minimum is 7 C.
Is Morocco sunny in December?
Morocco’s winter is mild and somewhat rainy, but December also brings many sunny days ideal for hiking and exploring the cities. In the north, expect rain, too, and moderate temperatures in the fifties in cities like Tangier. Marrakech is warmer, with temperatures reaching almost 70° on sunny days.
What is there to do in Morocco in December?
Visiting Morocco in Winter – What to See and Do from December to March
- Bright pleasant days are perfect for taking a look around some of the sights!
- Storytelling dinners around the table at your riad.
- Taking a hike in the High Atlas Mountains.
- Vibrant Marrakech, the perfect destination to host a contemporary art fair.
What is there to do in Marrakech in December?
Best things to do in Marrakech in December
- Go on a Yves Saint Laurent tour.
- Visiting the Bahia Palace (Palais de la Bahia)
- Shopping in the souks of Marrakech.
- Visiting the Saadian tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Discovering the Koutoubia.
- Grabbing food at Place Jemaa El-Fna.
- Visiting El Badi Palace.
- Do a Pottery Workshop.
What should I pack for Morocco in December?
- Walking / Hiking Shoes: For winter travel in Morocco, it’s important to bring a comfortable pair of walking or hiking shoes that keep your feet warm.
- Warm Winter Jacket: This was something I didn’t bring, and regretted the entire trip.
- Leggings / Long Underwear: I lived in my leggings in Morocco.
Is food expensive in Morocco?
While meal prices in Morocco can vary, the average cost of food in Morocco is MAD114 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Morocco should cost around MAD46 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How expensive is Morocco for travel?
Morocco trip cost So, how much does it cost to go to Morocco? Based on my estimate, you can expect to pay approximately $3,100 for a two-week trip. Morocco is a beautiful country with plenty to see and do. It can also be very affordable for travellers on a budget.
What is the coldest month in Morocco?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||March (0.24″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||June (6 mph avg)|
Where is hottest in December?
On average, some of the hottest places to visit in December are:
- Cancun (30.4 °C)
- Dominican Republic (29.6 °C)
- Barbados (29.5 °C)
- Brisbane (28.2 °C)
- Cape Verde (26.4 °C)
- Melbourne (25.5 °C)
- Lanzarote (22.2 °C)
- Tenerife (21.9 °C)
Can you sunbathe in Marrakech in January?
November, December and January will see an average of 7 hours of sunshine throughout the day and if you ‘re visiting in January, expect up to 31 mm of rainfall. The nights in Marrakech in winter are much cooler, so a jacket is advisable.
Is Marrakech safe?
Terrorism, too, is another factor that compromises safety in Marrakech. As a whole, Morocco is considered at high risk for terrorism, and ISIS has been known to carry out dangerous attacks in this North African nation, with tourists and other foreigners as the key targets.
Where is hot in December in Europe?
The south of Europe is always the warmest part of the continent in winter. The Mediterranean countries of Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Malta and Spain have much warmer December temperatures compared to their northern counterparts. The Canary Islands are by far the most warm though.
How safe is Morocco?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there ( scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now.