- 1 Is Greece dangerous for tourists?
- 2 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 3 What is the best month to travel to Greece?
- 4 How many days do you need in Greece?
- 5 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 6 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 7 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 8 How do you dress in Greece?
- 9 Is Greece better than Italy?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 11 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 12 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 13 How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
- 14 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 15 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
Is Greece dangerous for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
What is the best month to travel to Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring ( April to early- June ) and autumn (September – October ). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How many days do you need in Greece?
Spend at least seven days in Greece, and you’ll be able to comfortably explore Athens plus one or two Greek islands—pair Mykonos and Santorini, for example, or stick to the culture and cuisine of Crete.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Some etiquette in Greece tips regarding clothing: Do show a modicum of decency and use your common sense. Carry a shawl around with you that can be used as a cover for legs and shoulders if needs be. Don ‘ t show your bare legs or shoulders in a church, especially not a monastery, and men: please keep that singlet on.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How do you dress in Greece?
Don’t forget your sunscreen lotion and sunglasses! When planning what to wear in Greece in summer, pack tank tops, vests, shorts, mini-skirts, and light dresses; these can all be in bright, colorful shades to reflect the season. Opt for thin, light materials like cotton and linen for extra breathability and coolness.
Is Greece better than Italy?
Italy has more (easily accessible) history, a richer range of cuisine, better cooking and food tours, and more sightseeing opportunities. Greece has better beaches, a more relaxing atmosphere (especially on the islands), and cheaper food and hotels.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive. I’m waiting until they get kicked out of the euro and go back to drachmas. There is a reason people go to Turkey instead of Greece.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($33) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($132). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,851).
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?