- 1 Is Morocco a good place to learn French?
- 2 Can you learn French in Morocco?
- 3 How common is French in Morocco?
- 4 Where is the best place to learn French?
- 5 Should I learn French or Arabic?
- 6 Can Arabic speakers understand Berber?
- 7 Is Moroccan French different?
- 8 When did the French come to Morocco?
- 9 What language do Moroccans speak?
- 10 Are Moroccans French citizens?
- 11 Is Casablanca Morocco worth visiting?
- 12 Is Morocco an Arab country?
- 13 Where can I learn French cheaply?
- 14 Can I learn French in 6 months?
- 15 What is the hardest language to learn?
Is Morocco a good place to learn French?
French is more widely spoken in major cities, especially west of Morocco (Casablanca, Rabat…) and also in other major cities like Marrakesh and Fez. The best place to learn French in Morocco is definitely in French insitute, and there is one in every major city I guess.
Can you learn French in Morocco?
Although Arabic and / or Berber are most Moroccan’s native language, French is widely spoken enough to offer French learners an opportunity to learn French while immersing yourself in a truly unique, North African culture. Known for it’s cultural and geographic diversity, Morocco has enchanted travelers for centuries.
How common is French in Morocco?
According to the OIF, 33% of Moroccans speak French, among them 13.5% fully francophone and thus bilingual with one of the other Moroccan languages, and 19.5% partially francophone.
Where is the best place to learn French?
Top 5 Places to Learn French Across the World
- Reunion Island, Indian Ocean – An Undiscovered Secret.
- Lyon, France – A Gastronomic Experience.
- Martinique, The Caribbean – A Beach Paradise.
- Biarritz, France – The Pearl of the Basque Coast.
- Montpellier, France – A Multicultural Hive.
Should I learn French or Arabic?
French and Arabic both are very good languages and are used widely everywhere. French has more scope than Arabic but is a bit harder to learn. If you learn it’s very good. But since Arabic is easy I would like to say go for learning Arabic.
Can Arabic speakers understand Berber?
Most speakers of Berber languages are found in Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, and in both Algeria and Morocco Berber is an official language along with Arabic.
Is Moroccan French different?
There is a slight accent, but not even as strong as a québécois accent for instance. It’s more similar to a regional accent in France. Moroccan people that learned French later in life will have a stronger accent though.
When did the French come to Morocco?
Crisis ( March 30, 1912 – August 18, 1955 ): France established a protectorate over Morocco as a result of the signing of the Treaty of Fez on March 30, 1912. Moroccan soldiers mutinied against French commanders in Fez beginning on April 17, 1912. General Robert Moinier declared a state of siege.
What language do Moroccans speak?
In Morocco there are two official languages, Arabic and Amazigh, which are spoken in the streets and villages of Morocco. Classical Arabic, more commonly known as Literary Arabic, is the administrative language of the country. Generally speaking, you will hear Moroccan Arabic spoken in the streets.
Are Moroccans French citizens?
Rabat – Moroccans are the second-largest non-EU nationality present in France. With 807,500 people, this group is 20% of the total number of non-EU nationals in France. Moroccans are the second-largest non-EU nationality present in France, with 755,400 people, or 18.4% of the total immigrant population.
Is Casablanca Morocco worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
Is Morocco an Arab country?
Morocco has long been considered the most Western-oriented society in the Arab world. For Morocco is not an Arab country at all, but a Berber one with a deceptive Arab veneer. Half the Moroccan population speaks Berber, a Hamitic language similar to ancient Libyan with an alphabet that bears no resemblance to Arabic.
Where can I learn French cheaply?
Canada is an affordable option for learning French in North America because you can save on flight costs. It might not be a far off or exotic location, but Quebec has a lot to offer. It is a perfect place for beginners of French since most people are fluent in both English and French.
Can I learn French in 6 months?
And you can learn French. Seriously. It won’t be easy, but learning French in six months is possible if you’re motivated, diligent and realistic about your goals. Walk with me and no matter where you are in six months, you’ll be there with some amazing French skills.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages In The World To Learn
- Mandarin. Right at the top is the most spoken language in the world: Mandarin.
- Arabic. Number two, Arabic, challenges English speakers because most letters are written in 4 different forms depending on where they’re placed in a word.