- 1 Is January a good time to go to Morocco?
- 2 What should I wear to Morocco in 2020?
- 3 What should female tourists wear in Morocco?
- 4 What is the temperature in Morocco in January?
- 5 What is the coldest month in Morocco?
- 6 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 7 Can you wear leggings in Morocco?
- 8 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 9 Can you wear ripped jeans in Morocco?
- 10 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 11 Do I have to wear a headscarf in Morocco?
- 12 How safe is Morocco 2020?
- 13 What is there to do in Marrakech in January?
- 14 Where is hot in January?
- 15 How warm is Morocco in winter?
Is January a good time to go to Morocco?
January is a great time of year to explore the country of Morocco. Although it is the coldest month of the year, daytime temperatures are very comfortable most days, allowing for great flexibility in your activities. Outdoor adventurers will find January to be a great time to experience the beautiful land of Morocco.
What should I wear to Morocco in 2020?
What to Wear in Morocco
- Loose Pants. I love wearing a relaxed pant when we travel.
- Buff Headband. I love my buff.
- Travel Towel. We always recommend bringing a travel towel when you’re on the road, Morocco is no exception.
- Lightweight Long Sleeve Shirt.
- Blouse or Tunic.
- Grayl Ultralight Water Bottle.
What should female tourists wear in Morocco?
A woman traveling to Morocco should wear long skirts and dresses, jeans or pants that cover the knees, draping tunics, polo shirts, and camisoles that can be worn under sweaters and cardigans. Women generally wear sandals or loafers; rarely do they wear heels.
What is the temperature in Morocco in January?
Morocco’s winter is mild. But January is the coldest month of the year—and also the wettest. Generally speaking, temperatures peak in the high 60s, with lows in the 40s, though it can get much colder in the Atlas Mountains and much warmer in the desert.
What is the coldest month in Morocco?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||March (0.24″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||June (6 mph avg)|
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May ) or fall ( September to October ). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Can you wear leggings in Morocco?
All things lightweight and full coverage is ideal — loose trousers or maxi skirts are perfect. A tunic shirt with leggings or a full kaftan is perfect too. Not only does full coverage allow you to dress conservatively in Morocco, but it will also protect you from the sun.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non- Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
Can you wear ripped jeans in Morocco?
Can I wear ripped jeans in Morocco? Yes, you can wear leggings. However, and especially in rural areas, pair leggings with a longer tunic length top that covers your butt. Yes, you also can wear ripped jeans.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
Do I have to wear a headscarf in Morocco?
1. Yes, you should dress conservatively. Morocco is a Muslim-majority country, and you’ll find most women there dressed very modestly, usually wearing a hijab or other kind of headscarf. Female tourists to Morocco are NOT required to cover their heads, though, and I didn’t feel uncomfortable with my hair out.
How safe is Morocco 2020?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now.
What is there to do in Marrakech in January?
12 Things to do in Marrakesh Morocco
- Experience Sensory Overload at Jemma el-Fnaa.
- Shop in the Souks.
- Stay Overnight in a Riad.
- Visit a Tannery.
- Learn about the Ben Youssef Madrasa.
- Visit a Palace or Two.
- Museums of Marrakesh.
- Rock the Kasbah.
Where is hot in January?
The most popular destinations in January
|Hot favourites in January|
|Cape Verde||23°C||7 hrs|
How warm is Morocco in winter?
In winter, it can get a little chilly with temps swinging from 3°C to about 15°C. But it’s still a great destination if you’re interested in exploring the great outdoor space in Morocco.