- 1 Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
- 2 What is Morocco weather like in December?
- 3 What should I pack for Morocco in December?
- 4 What is the coldest month in Morocco?
- 5 Is it cold in Morocco in December?
- 6 What is there to do in Morocco in December?
- 7 Do they celebrate Christmas in Morocco?
- 8 Is Marrakech safe?
- 9 Where is hot in December in Europe?
- 10 What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
- 11 Can I wear leggings in Morocco?
- 12 What should I wear to Morocco in 2020?
- 13 Are things expensive in Morocco?
- 14 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 15 Does Morocco have a rainy season?
Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
December is a great time to make a winter escape to Morocco. Although it is one of the colder months of the year, it is quite comfortable during the day when the sun is out. There is so much beautiful land to explore in Morocco, and a sunny December day is a great time to head out for a long hike.
What is Morocco weather like in December?
Morocco’s winter is mild and somewhat rainy, but December also brings many sunny days ideal for hiking and exploring the cities. In the north, expect rain, too, and moderate temperatures in the fifties in cities like Tangier. Marrakech is warmer, with temperatures reaching almost 70° on sunny days.
What should I pack for Morocco in December?
- Walking / Hiking Shoes: For winter travel in Morocco, it’s important to bring a comfortable pair of walking or hiking shoes that keep your feet warm.
- Warm Winter Jacket: This was something I didn’t bring, and regretted the entire trip.
- Leggings / Long Underwear: I lived in my leggings in Morocco.
What is the coldest month in Morocco?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||March (0.24″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||June (6 mph avg)|
Is it cold in Morocco in December?
As you already guess, the winters in Morocco are quite mild. Generally, Morocco’s weather in December offers average temperatures of 20°C/68°F during the day and 8°C/47°F during the night.
What is there to do in Morocco in December?
Visiting Morocco in Winter – What to See and Do from December to March
- Bright pleasant days are perfect for taking a look around some of the sights!
- Storytelling dinners around the table at your riad.
- Taking a hike in the High Atlas Mountains.
- Vibrant Marrakech, the perfect destination to host a contemporary art fair.
Do they celebrate Christmas in Morocco?
As Morocco is primarily a Muslim country, the majority of its residents do not celebrate Christmas. Still, bits and pieces of the holiday can be found, thanks to French influence and a good-sized expat community. This year, expat and Peace Corps bloggers share how they celebrated the holiday.
Is Marrakech safe?
Terrorism, too, is another factor that compromises safety in Marrakech. As a whole, Morocco is considered at high risk for terrorism, and ISIS has been known to carry out dangerous attacks in this North African nation, with tourists and other foreigners as the key targets.
Where is hot in December in Europe?
The south of Europe is always the warmest part of the continent in winter. The Mediterranean countries of Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Malta and Spain have much warmer December temperatures compared to their northern counterparts. The Canary Islands are by far the most warm though.
What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
A woman traveling to Morocco should wear long skirts and dresses, jeans or pants that cover the knees, draping tunics, polo shirts, and camisoles that can be worn under sweaters and cardigans. Women generally wear sandals or loafers; rarely do they wear heels.
Can I wear leggings in Morocco?
All things lightweight and full coverage is ideal — loose trousers or maxi skirts are perfect. A tunic shirt with leggings or a full kaftan is perfect too. Not only does full coverage allow you to dress conservatively in Morocco, but it will also protect you from the sun.
What should I wear to Morocco in 2020?
What to Wear in Morocco
- Loose Pants. I love wearing a relaxed pant when we travel.
- Buff Headband. I love my buff.
- Travel Towel. We always recommend bringing a travel towel when you’re on the road, Morocco is no exception.
- Lightweight Long Sleeve Shirt.
- Blouse or Tunic.
- Grayl Ultralight Water Bottle.
Are things expensive in Morocco?
On the other hand, It is important to bear in mind that Morocco is generally not as dirt cheap as some travellers expect. In fact, many things in Morocco are more expensive than in Europe, like cars, electronics and alcohol. Therefore, luxury items and imported goods are significantly more expensive than in Europe.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Does Morocco have a rainy season?
Climate of Morocco. Most of Morocco north of the Western Sahara, particularly along the coasts, experiences a typical Mediterranean climate, with mild wet winters and hot dry summers. The rainy season generally extends from October to April.