- 1 Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
- 2 How hot is it in Morocco in December?
- 3 How hot is it in Morocco in January?
- 4 What is the weather like in Morocco in December?
- 5 What is there to do in Morocco in December?
- 6 What is there to do in Marrakech in December?
- 7 How hot is Marrakech in December?
- 8 Is Marrakech safe?
- 9 Where is hot in December and January?
- 10 What clothes to pack for Morocco in January?
- 11 Is Morocco hot all year round?
- 12 Can you sunbathe in Marrakech in January?
- 13 Do they celebrate Christmas in Morocco?
- 14 What are the best places to travel in December?
- 15 Where is hot in December in Europe?
Is December a good time to visit Morocco?
December is a great time to make a winter escape to Morocco. Although it is one of the colder months of the year, it is quite comfortable during the day when the sun is out. There is so much beautiful land to explore in Morocco, and a sunny December day is a great time to head out for a long hike.
How hot is it in Morocco in December?
Generally, Morocco’s weather in December offers average temperatures of 20°C / 68°F during the day and 8°C/47°F during the night.
How hot is it in Morocco in January?
On average, January is the coldest and wettest month in Morocco. During the day, temperatures can range from 10°C to 20°C or more. When the sun is out, days can feel quite warm, even in winter. However, temperatures can get cold once the sun goes down.
What is the weather like in Morocco in December?
Morocco’s winter is mild and somewhat rainy, but December also brings many sunny days ideal for hiking and exploring the cities. In the north, expect rain, too, and moderate temperatures in the fifties in cities like Tangier. Marrakech is warmer, with temperatures reaching almost 70° on sunny days.
What is there to do in Morocco in December?
Visiting Morocco in Winter – What to See and Do from December to March
- Bright pleasant days are perfect for taking a look around some of the sights!
- Storytelling dinners around the table at your riad.
- Taking a hike in the High Atlas Mountains.
- Vibrant Marrakech, the perfect destination to host a contemporary art fair.
What is there to do in Marrakech in December?
Best things to do in Marrakech in December
- Go on a Yves Saint Laurent tour.
- Visiting the Bahia Palace (Palais de la Bahia)
- Shopping in the souks of Marrakech.
- Visiting the Saadian tombs (Tombeaux Saadiens)
- Discovering the Koutoubia.
- Grabbing food at Place Jemaa El-Fna.
- Visiting El Badi Palace.
- Do a Pottery Workshop.
How hot is Marrakech in December?
It’s pretty mild at this time of year, but it’s a good idea to bring along a jumper or light jacket for the evenings. The average daily maximum is 21 C and the average daily minimum is 7 C.
Is Marrakech safe?
Terrorism, too, is another factor that compromises safety in Marrakech. As a whole, Morocco is considered at high risk for terrorism, and ISIS has been known to carry out dangerous attacks in this North African nation, with tourists and other foreigners as the key targets.
Where is hot in December and January?
Lanzarote (22.2 °C) Tenerife (21.9 °C) Madeira (20 °C) Cape Town (19.8 °C)
What clothes to pack for Morocco in January?
Long or Mid-sleeve Shirts: During the warmer afternoons, a long or mid-sleeve shirt is all you need on top (go with loose or flowy shirts for a more conservative look). Leggings / Long Underwear: I lived in my leggings in Morocco. They made the chilly nights bearable, and long bus rides a lot more cozy.
Is Morocco hot all year round?
A common misconception about Morocco is that it is scorching hot all year round. However, being a country on the Mediterranean, Morocco actually has four distinct seasons. Though temperatures vary, Morocco is usually very sunny, making it a perfect holiday destination.
Can you sunbathe in Marrakech in January?
November, December and January will see an average of 7 hours of sunshine throughout the day and if you ‘re visiting in January, expect up to 31 mm of rainfall. The nights in Marrakech in winter are much cooler, so a jacket is advisable.
Do they celebrate Christmas in Morocco?
As Morocco is primarily a Muslim country, the majority of its residents do not celebrate Christmas. Still, bits and pieces of the holiday can be found, thanks to French influence and a good-sized expat community. This year, expat and Peace Corps bloggers share how they celebrated the holiday.
What are the best places to travel in December?
Best Places to Visit in December
- Rio de Janeiro.
- Hawaii – The Big Island.
- Torres del Paine National Park.
- Quebec City.
- Park City.
Where is hot in December in Europe?
The south of Europe is always the warmest part of the continent in winter. The Mediterranean countries of Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Malta and Spain have much warmer December temperatures compared to their northern counterparts. The Canary Islands are by far the most warm though.