- 1 Where exactly is Morocco located?
- 2 Is Morocco in Africa or Europe?
- 3 Is Morocco an Arab country?
- 4 Is Morocco a poor country?
- 5 What race is Moroccan?
- 6 What is the main religion of Morocco?
- 7 How many wives can you have in Morocco?
- 8 What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
- 9 Who ruled Morocco?
- 10 Does FedEx ship to Morocco?
- 11 What race is Berber?
- 12 How many states are there in Morocco?
- 13 What’s the official language of Morocco?
- 14 Who ruled Morocco before independence?
- 15 What are the 10 poorest countries in the world?
Where exactly is Morocco located?
Morocco is a Northern African country, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, between Algeria and the annexed Western Sahara. It is one of only three nations (along with Spain and France) to have both Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines. A large part of Morocco is mountainous.
Is Morocco in Africa or Europe?
The Kingdom of Morocco is a Muslim country in western North Africa, with coastlines on the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. Just an hour ferry ride from Spain, the country has a unique mix of Arab, Berber, African and European cultural influences.
Is Morocco an Arab country?
Morocco has long been considered the most Western-oriented society in the Arab world. For Morocco is not an Arab country at all, but a Berber one with a deceptive Arab veneer. Half the Moroccan population speaks Berber, a Hamitic language similar to ancient Libyan with an alphabet that bears no resemblance to Arabic.
Is Morocco a poor country?
The living standards in Morocco is rated as low. It is by international standards that Morocco is considered a poor country. Out of the 35.2 million population of the country in 2018, some of them are poor and at risk of poverty. It is ranked as the fourth most impoverished country in the Arab world in 2013.
What race is Moroccan?
Moroccans are primarily of Berber ( Amazigh ) origin, as in other neighbouring countries in Maghreb region. Today, Moroccans are considered a mix of Arab, Berber, and mixed Arab-Berbers or Arabized Berbers, alongside other minority ethnic backgrounds from across the region.
What is the main religion of Morocco?
According to the Moroccan constitution, Islam is the religion of the state, and the state guarantees freedom of thought, expression, and assembly.
How many wives can you have in Morocco?
Traditionally, it was enough for the husband to disavow the wife. Muslim men will still be able to marry up to four wives, but for the first time polygamous marriages will also need a judge’s authorization, in addition to the consent of the man’s current wives.
What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
The Best Facts about Morocco
- Morocco in Arabic is Al Maghreb which means the place where the sun sets.
- It borders two seas.
- It is only 8 miles from Europe.
- There are no camels in Morocco only dromedaries.
- Berbers make up around 40% of the population.
- The best rapper in the country is called Muslim.
- Morocco is a Muslim country.
Who ruled Morocco?
Morocco was a French protectorate from 1912 to 1956, when Sultan Mohammed became king. He was succeeded in 1961 by his son, Hassan II, who ruled for 38 years and played a prominent role in the search for peace in the Middle East.
Does FedEx ship to Morocco?
Morocco Import Regulations FedEx International Priority: 274 cm (108 in) L, 330 cm (130 in) L & G, 68 kg (150 lb) FedEx International Priority Freight: 302 cm (119 in) L, 762 cm (762 in) L & G, 1000 kg (2200 lb)
What race is Berber?
Berber, self -name Amazigh, plural Imazighen, any of the descendants of the pre-Arab inhabitants of North Africa. The Berbers live in scattered communities across Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Mali, Niger, and Mauritania.
How many states are there in Morocco?
Regions of Morocco
|Regions of Morocco جهات المغرب (Arabic) Timnaḍin n Murakuc (Berber)|
|Location||Kingdom of Morocco|
|Populations||142,955 (Dakhla-Oued Ed-Dahab) – 6,861,737 (Casablanca-Settat)|
What’s the official language of Morocco?
Modern Standard Arabic, or MSA, evolved from Classical Arabic into the lingua franca of the Arabic world, and is the official language of many nations, including Morocco.
Who ruled Morocco before independence?
Indigenous Berber monarchs ruled the territory from the 3rd century BCE until 40 CE, when it was annexed to the Roman Empire. In the mid-5th century AD, it was overrun by Vandals, before being recovered by the Byzantine Empire in the 6th century.
What are the 10 poorest countries in the world?
The Poorest Countries in the World
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: USD 558 GDP per capita in 2025.
- Mozambique: USD 607 GDP per capita in 2025.
- Uganda: USD 1,100 GDP per capita in 2025.
- Rwanda: USD 1,122 GDP per capita in 2025.
- Zimbabwe: USD 1,185 GDP per capita in 2025.