- 1 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 2 What should I know before traveling to Morocco?
- 3 Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
- 4 Is it safe to travel to Morocco in 2020?
- 5 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 7 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 8 Is Morocco expensive to travel?
- 9 Is Casablanca worth visiting?
- 10 Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
- 11 Do they speak English in Morocco?
- 12 How many tourists go to Morocco each year?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 14 Can you eat pork in Morocco?
- 15 How many days do you need for Morocco?
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What should I know before traveling to Morocco?
13 Things to Know Before Visiting Morocco
- Many Moroccans Don’t Want you to Take Their Photo.
- Non-Muslims Aren’t Allowed in Most Mosques in Morocco.
- It can be Incredibly Cold in the Winter in Morocco.
- Trains in Morocco are Reliable and Affordable.
- Government-Run Tourist Attractions in Morocco are a Great Value.
- Moroccans Speak less English Than you Might Expect.
Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
Is it safe to travel to Morocco in 2020?
Reconsider travel to Morocco due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Morocco due to terrorism. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non- Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
Is Morocco expensive to travel?
Morocco is often thought of as a good destination for budget travelers. And while traveling in Morocco is much cheaper than Europe, Japan, Australia, or other parts of the world, it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be depending on your travel style.
Is Casablanca worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
Yes, you should dress conservatively Morocco is a Muslim-majority country, and you ‘ll find most women there dressed very modestly, usually wearing a hijab or other kind of headscarf. You also don’t have to be covered head to toe as a visitor to Morocco. The basic “rules” are to cover your shoulders, knees, and chest.
Do they speak English in Morocco?
There are a number of languages of Morocco. The two official languages are Standard Arabic and Tamazight. According to a 2012 study by the Government of Spain, 98% of Moroccans spoke Moroccan Arabic, 63% spoke French, 43% Amazigh, 14% spoke English, and 10% spoke Spanish.
How many tourists go to Morocco each year?
Most hotels in Morocco are also more tailored to the needs of foreign tourists. Domestic tourism represents 30% of hotel arrivals, and 1 million Moroccans go abroad every year, spending $2 billion.
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May ) or fall ( September to October ). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Can you eat pork in Morocco?
Often, for a formal meal, a lamb or chicken dish is next, or couscous topped with meat and vegetables. Moroccans either eat with fork, knife and spoon, or with their hands using bread as a utensil depending on the dish served. The consumption of pork and alcohol is uncommon due to religious restrictions.
How many days do you need for Morocco?
We found 3 days in Marrakech itself was more than enough, but if you want to do some day trips and also travel to other areas you should definitely take more than a week. Essouira is worth 2- 3 days, traveling up north to Casablanca and Fez will need another 4- 5 days.