- 1 Is Morocco safe for female tourists?
- 2 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 3 Can you get by with English in Morocco?
- 4 What is the most dangerous city in Morocco?
- 5 Can a woman wear shorts in Morocco?
- 6 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 7 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 8 Do I have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
- 9 Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
- 10 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 11 What is the main language of Morocco?
- 12 Where in Morocco do they speak English?
- 13 Is Fes Morocco worth visiting?
- 14 Where should I live in Morocco?
- 15 Is Morocco expensive to travel?
Is Morocco safe for female tourists?
Morocco is safe for female tourists. Also know tourists are given quite a bit of leeway when it comes to dress and behavior. You don’t not need to dress or act as locals would. There’s no dress code for Morocco, though a general amount of respect is appreciated and advised.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
Can you get by with English in Morocco?
English is an emerging language in Morocco, especially in larger cities. English speakers abound in Morocco. You will find people with a good level of English working at museums, tourism companies, hotels (mid-range and above) and tourist-oriented restaurants.
What is the most dangerous city in Morocco?
Casablanca: Casablanca is Morocco’s economic capital, but it has a dangerous side. Statistically, Casablanca is the most dangerous city in Morocco. Much of this stems from the big-city negative influences of drugs and organized crime. Tangier: Tangier is a little more relaxed than the other cities on the list.
Can a woman wear shorts in Morocco?
Showing elbows is fine! In bigger cities (and especially in Marrakech, which is often filled with European tourists), you’ll definitely see women walking around in shorts and strappy tops or dresses – but these are also the women that experience the most verbal harassment.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.
Do I have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
While some boys and young men wear shorts in public, it is less common, particularly among adult men. Morocco is sweltering in the summer months; however, it’s still necessary to cover the shoulders and legs. It’s not necessary for non-Muslim women to wear a hijab, or a veil that conceals a woman’s hair.
Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Morocco travel requires extra vigilance because it’s easy to have something happen to you.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non- Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
What is the main language of Morocco?
Modern Standard Arabic, or MSA, evolved from Classical Arabic into the lingua franca of the Arabic world, and is the official language of many nations, including Morocco.
Where in Morocco do they speak English?
Casablanca – Major port city, best developed tourist market in the country so most people you deal with on the main tourist paths will speak English. Fez – Popular tourist destination, also increasing number of expats buying second homes there.
Is Fes Morocco worth visiting?
Founded in 789 AD, Fes is the oldest of Morocco’s imperial cities. It’s also regarded as the country’s spiritual, cultural and intellectual centre, particularly as it houses the oldest university in the world.
Where should I live in Morocco?
Best Cities in Morocco For Expats
- Casablanca. Casablanca is the largest city in Morocco with a population of more than five million.
- Fes. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time when you see Fes for the first time.
Is Morocco expensive to travel?
Morocco is often thought of as a good destination for budget travelers. And while traveling in Morocco is much cheaper than Europe, Japan, Australia, or other parts of the world, it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be depending on your travel style.