- 1 What can you do in Morocco in 7 days?
- 2 How many days should you spend in Morocco?
- 3 How much spending money will I need for a week in Morocco?
- 4 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 5 What is the best month to travel to Morocco?
- 6 Is Morocco cheap for tourists?
- 7 Is Morocco cheaper than Spain?
- 8 Is it better to fly into Casablanca or Marrakech?
- 9 What is the best way to get around Morocco?
- 10 What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
- 11 Is food expensive in Morocco?
- 12 How much is a can of Coke in Morocco?
- 13 Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
- 14 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 15 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
What can you do in Morocco in 7 days?
7 days in Morocco | The perfect itinerary
- Day 1: Fes.
- Day 2: Chefchaouen.
- Day 3: Volubilis, Meknes, Moulay Idriss.
- Day 4: Fes, Ifran, Cedar Forest, Midelt, Ziz Valley, Merzouga.
- Day 5: Erfoud, Rissani, Todra Gorges, Dades Gorges.
- Day 6: Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou Marrakech, via the High Atlas Mountains, the night at Marrakesh.
How many days should you spend in Morocco?
We found 3 days in Marrakech itself was more than enough, but if you want to do some day trips and also travel to other areas you should definitely take more than a week. Essouira is worth 2- 3 days, traveling up north to Casablanca and Fez will need another 4- 5 days.
How much spending money will I need for a week in Morocco?
Depending on what you plan to do, you should probably aim to take around £40-£50 per person per day (£280-£300 per week) in Morocco. You can always head to the ATM if you need more cash for extra activities, plus most places accept credit cards.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What is the best month to travel to Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May ) or fall ( September to October ). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Is Morocco cheap for tourists?
However, Morocco is still relatively cheap for many things and can be considered a budget destination if you bear these points in mind. Museums in Morocco are very affordable even when looking at it from the perspective of locals. Even a major tourist destination like Marrakech has very affordable entry fees.
Is Morocco cheaper than Spain?
Morocco is 45.6% cheaper than Spain.
Is it better to fly into Casablanca or Marrakech?
Casablanca is the business capital of Morocco, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, with a much more modern and less traditional Moroccan feel. Visitors generally recommend Marrakech over Casablanca for its vibe, colors and smells, history, and tourist-friendly atmosphere (despite some hassles).
What is the best way to get around Morocco?
Shared grands taxis are one of the best ways to travel in Morocco. They operate on a wide variety of routes, are much quicker than buses (usually quicker than trains, too), and fares vary from slightly more than the bus to around twice as much. The taxis are usually big Peugeot or Mercedes cars carrying six passengers.
What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
A woman traveling to Morocco should wear long skirts and dresses, jeans or pants that cover the knees, draping tunics, polo shirts, and camisoles that can be worn under sweaters and cardigans. Women generally wear sandals or loafers; rarely do they wear heels.
Is food expensive in Morocco?
While meal prices in Morocco can vary, the average cost of food in Morocco is MAD114 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Morocco should cost around MAD46 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How much is a can of Coke in Morocco?
Summary: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 1,573$ (14,059MAD) without rent. Cost of Living in Morocco.
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||30.00MAD|
|Imported Beer (12 oz small bottle )||35.00MAD|
|Coke /Pepsi (12 oz small bottle )||5.39MAD|
Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Morocco travel requires extra vigilance because it’s easy to have something happen to you.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.