- 1 What kind of country is Morocco?
- 2 What is Morocco known for?
- 3 Is Morocco in Africa or Europe?
- 4 What is Morocco made up of?
- 5 Is Morocco a poor country?
- 6 Can I wear shorts in Morocco?
- 7 What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
- 8 How many tourists go to Morocco each year?
- 9 What is the most famous food in Morocco?
- 10 How many wives can you have in Morocco?
- 11 Is Morocco the richest country in Africa?
- 12 How many languages do Moroccans speak?
- 13 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 14 Which religion is Morocco?
What kind of country is Morocco?
Morocco is a Northern African country, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, between Algeria and the annexed Western Sahara. It is one of only three nations (along with Spain and France ) to have both Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines.
What is Morocco known for?
7 Spectacular Things Morocco is Known For
- The Sahara Desert. When most people choose to travel to Morocco, it’s to see the famed Sahara Desert.
- Hassan II Mosque.
- Mint Tea and Pastries.
- Majorelle Garden.
- The Architecture.
- Todgha Gorge.
Is Morocco in Africa or Europe?
The Kingdom of Morocco is a Muslim country in western North Africa, with coastlines on the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea. Just an hour ferry ride from Spain, the country has a unique mix of Arab, Berber, African and European cultural influences.
What is Morocco made up of?
Nationality: Moroccan (s). Ethnic groups: Arab, Berber, mixed Arab-Berber. Languages: Arabic (official), several Berber dialects; French, usually the language of business, government, and diplomacy. Natural resources: Phosphates, iron ore, manganese, lead, zinc, fish, salt.
Is Morocco a poor country?
The living standards in Morocco is rated as low. It is by international standards that Morocco is considered a poor country. Out of the 35.2 million population of the country in 2018, some of them are poor and at risk of poverty. It is ranked as the fourth most impoverished country in the Arab world in 2013.
Can I wear shorts in Morocco?
BOTTOMS. Cultural Guidelines: Moroccan men don’t usually wear shorts. However, as tourists, it will be fine for you to wear shorts. If you want to fit in a little better, then you could consider packing long pants.
What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
The Best Facts about Morocco
- Morocco in Arabic is Al Maghreb which means the place where the sun sets.
- It borders two seas.
- It is only 8 miles from Europe.
- There are no camels in Morocco only dromedaries.
- Berbers make up around 40% of the population.
- The best rapper in the country is called Muslim.
- Morocco is a Muslim country.
How many tourists go to Morocco each year?
Most hotels in Morocco are also more tailored to the needs of foreign tourists. Domestic tourism represents 30% of hotel arrivals, and 1 million Moroccans go abroad every year, spending $2 billion.
What is the most famous food in Morocco?
The main Moroccan dish most people are familiar with is couscous; beef is the most commonly eaten red meat in Morocco, usually eaten in a tagine with a wide selection of vegetables. Chicken is also very commonly used in tagines or roasted.
How many wives can you have in Morocco?
Traditionally, it was enough for the husband to disavow the wife. Muslim men will still be able to marry up to four wives, but for the first time polygamous marriages will also need a judge’s authorization, in addition to the consent of the man’s current wives.
Is Morocco the richest country in Africa?
With a GDP of almost $120 Billion, Morocco comes in at number 5 on this list of richest countries in Africa. The economy of this country in North Africa is versatile and stable, experiencing growth in a number of industries over the last decade. It is the second- richest non-oil-producing African country.
How many languages do Moroccans speak?
In Morocco there are two official languages, Arabic and Amazigh, which are spoken in the streets and villages of Morocco. Classical Arabic, more commonly known as Literary Arabic, is the administrative language of the country. Generally speaking, you will hear Moroccan Arabic spoken in the streets.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Which religion is Morocco?
According to the Moroccan constitution, Islam is the religion of the state, and the state guarantees freedom of thought, expression, and assembly.