- 1 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 2 What do you need to know about Morocco?
- 3 Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
- 4 Can you hug and kiss in Morocco?
- 5 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 6 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 7 Is Morocco expensive to visit?
- 8 Is Morocco expensive for tourists?
- 9 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 10 Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
- 11 Do they speak English in Morocco?
- 12 Can you drink alcohol in Marrakech?
- 13 Is there death penalty in Morocco?
- 14 Can unmarried couples share a hotel room in Morocco?
- 15 Can unmarried couples show affection in Morocco?
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What do you need to know about Morocco?
21 Things You Must Know Before Visiting Morocco
- Dress Appropriately. Overall, guys can dress however they like, but women need to dress more conservatively.
- Currency and Cost.
- ATMs Can Be Hit or Miss.
- Keep Correct Change with You.
- Learn to Haggle.
- Be Wary of Local Guides.
- Stay Away from Strangers Offering Free Tours or Directions.
Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
Can you hug and kiss in Morocco?
It’s very uncommon and frowned on to show a lot of affection in public. Holding hands in Morocco is fine. A hug here or there, a stolen kiss all fine in most situations. The more rural you are the more frowned on public displays of affection are.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Is Morocco expensive to visit?
However, Morocco is still relatively cheap for many things and can be considered a budget destination if you bear these points in mind. Museums in Morocco are very affordable even when looking at it from the perspective of locals. Even a major tourist destination like Marrakech has very affordable entry fees.
Is Morocco expensive for tourists?
This data comes from the travel budgets of real travelers – How it works. Put these numbers on your website. A vacation to Morocco for one week usually costs around MAD2,766 for one person. So, a trip to Morocco for two people costs around MAD5,532 for one week.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non- Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
Yes, you should dress conservatively Morocco is a Muslim-majority country, and you ‘ll find most women there dressed very modestly, usually wearing a hijab or other kind of headscarf. You also don’t have to be covered head to toe as a visitor to Morocco. The basic “rules” are to cover your shoulders, knees, and chest.
Do they speak English in Morocco?
There are a number of languages of Morocco. The two official languages are Standard Arabic and Tamazight. According to a 2012 study by the Government of Spain, 98% of Moroccans spoke Moroccan Arabic, 63% spoke French, 43% Amazigh, 14% spoke English, and 10% spoke Spanish.
Can you drink alcohol in Marrakech?
Can I get alcohol in Marrakech? and where can I smoke? The Medina does not have pubs or wine bars, however there are plenty of hotels and restaurants with public bars. Alcohol is not available in the cafes around the place Jemaa al Fna. In our Marrakech Riads guests may smoke in designated areas on the roof terraces.
Is there death penalty in Morocco?
Morocco is a de facto abolitionist country, having not carried out any execution since 1993.
Sexual contact between unmarried people is prohibited, under Article 490 of the Moroccan penal code. And as such, it is technically illegal for unmarried couples to share a hotel room.
Can unmarried couples show affection in Morocco?
Are there laws around public displays of affection in Morocco? Yes, there are. Morocco has laws relating to those things that are, “an act of aggression against Moroccan Muslim society and people” – kissing in public falls into this category. The prohibitions specifically relate to unmarried couples.