- 1 Where is it best to stay in Morocco?
- 2 Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
- 3 Which is better Casablanca or Marrakech?
- 4 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 5 What is the best time to visit Morocco?
- 6 Where should I stay in Marrakech for the first time?
- 7 Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
- 8 Is Morocco expensive to visit?
- 9 Is alcohol allowed in Morocco?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Morocco?
- 11 Is Fes Morocco worth visiting?
- 12 Is Casablanca worth visiting?
- 13 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 14 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 15 Is Morocco a poor country?
Where is it best to stay in Morocco?
10 Best Places to Stay in Morocco
- Riad Kniza, Marrakech. Credit: riadkniza.com.
- Les Cinq Djellabas, Marrakech. Credit: hotel-les5djellabas.com.
- Riad Villa Blanche, Agadir. Credit: riadvillablanche.com.
- Villa Maroc, Essaouira. Credit: villa-maroc.com.
- Villa Josephine, Tangier.
- Terra Mia Marrakech.
- Riyad el Cadi, Marrakech.
- Palais Amani, Fez.
Is Morocco dangerous for tourists?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
Which is better Casablanca or Marrakech?
Casablanca is the business capital of Morocco, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, with a much more modern and less traditional Moroccan feel. Visitors generally recommend Marrakech over Casablanca for its vibe, colors and smells, history, and tourist-friendly atmosphere (despite some hassles).
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What is the best time to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May) or fall (September to October). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Where should I stay in Marrakech for the first time?
Medina – Where to Stay in Marrakech for the First Time. There is no better place to stay than the Medina if you are visiting the city for the first time. A series of winding alleys and narrow streets, the Medina is the heart and soul of historic Marrakech.
Do you have to wear a hijab in Morocco?
Yes, you should dress conservatively Morocco is a Muslim-majority country, and you ‘ll find most women there dressed very modestly, usually wearing a hijab or other kind of headscarf. You also don’t have to be covered head to toe as a visitor to Morocco. The basic “rules” are to cover your shoulders, knees, and chest.
Is Morocco expensive to visit?
However, Morocco is still relatively cheap for many things and can be considered a budget destination if you bear these points in mind. Museums in Morocco are very affordable even when looking at it from the perspective of locals. Even a major tourist destination like Marrakech has very affordable entry fees.
Is alcohol allowed in Morocco?
Although Muslims are forbidden to drink alcohol, Morocco is a moderate Islamic country and you are likely to feel free to drink in moderation in private or where alcohol is being served. In medinas alcohol cannot be purchased in shops, although many riads and hotels offer it.
What is the coldest month in Morocco?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||March (0.24″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||June (6 mph avg)|
Is Fes Morocco worth visiting?
Founded in 789 AD, Fes is the oldest of Morocco’s imperial cities. It’s also regarded as the country’s spiritual, cultural and intellectual centre, particularly as it houses the oldest university in the world.
Is Casablanca worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non- Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
Is Morocco a poor country?
The living standards in Morocco is rated as low. It is by international standards that Morocco is considered a poor country. Out of the 35.2 million population of the country in 2018, some of them are poor and at risk of poverty. It is ranked as the fourth most impoverished country in the Arab world in 2013.