- 1 How cold is it in the Atlas Mountains?
- 2 What is the temperature in the Atlas Mountains?
- 3 What do you wear to the Atlas Mountains?
- 4 What is the weather like in the Atlas Mountains?
- 5 What animals live in Atlas Mountains?
- 6 What is special about the Atlas Mountains?
- 7 What is the coldest month in Morocco?
- 8 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 9 Is it hot in the Atlas Mountains?
- 10 How long does it take to climb the Atlas Mountains?
- 11 Are the Atlas mountains safe?
- 12 Where should I stay in the High Atlas Mountains?
- 13 How hot does it get in Morocco?
- 14 Does Morocco have nice weather?
- 15 Does Morocco have 4 seasons?
How cold is it in the Atlas Mountains?
There are several sunny periods, alternating with periods of cloudy and rainy weather. Towards the horizon, you can see the spectacular peaks of the Atlas Mountains, which are often snow-capped. When the wind blows from the south, the temperature can approach 30 °C (86 °F) even in winter.
What is the temperature in the Atlas Mountains?
Morocco, annual weather averages July is the hottest month in Atlas Mountains with an average temperature of 29°C (84°F) and the coldest is January at 12.5°C (55°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 11 in July. The wettest month is April with an average of 35mm of rain..
What do you wear to the Atlas Mountains?
- Walking boots or sturdy walking shoes (optional)
- Trainers or strong sandals (all purpose wear )
- Long sleeved shirt.
- Long walking trousers.
- Shorts/short trousers**
- Tracksuit bottoms or similar.
- Thin fleece (summer); Thick fleece (winter)
What is the weather like in the Atlas Mountains?
Climate of the Atlas Mountains. The Atlas Mountains are the meeting place of two different kinds of air masses—the humid and cold polar air masses that come from the north and the hot and dry tropical air masses that move up from the south. Winter in the Atlas is hard, imposing severe conditions upon the inhabitants.
What animals live in Atlas Mountains?
Some of the species that inhabit these mountains include the Barbary macaque ( Macaca sylvanus ), Atlas deer (Cervus elaphus barbarus), Barbary leopard ( Panthera pardus panthera ), wild cat (Felis libyca), common jackal (Canis aureus), red fox (Vulpes vulpes), Algerian hedgehog (Erinaceus algirus), polecat ferret (Mustela
What is special about the Atlas Mountains?
The mountain range separates the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines from the Sahara Desert. It has several passes that provide routes between the coast and the Sahara desert. Toubkal, located in Morocco, is the highest peak in the range, and in North Africa. It is 4,167 meters (13,671 feet) high.
What is the coldest month in Morocco?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (55 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||March (0.24″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||June (6 mph avg)|
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May ) or fall ( September to October ). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer.
Is it hot in the Atlas Mountains?
The Atlas Mountains offer a typically warm, dry and sunny climate that makes them a perfect year-round destination.
How long does it take to climb the Atlas Mountains?
Most guided Toubkal treks spend three days on the mountain, with the bulk of the climbing done on the first two days, with the descent coming on the third and final day. Some tour operators may add an extra day or two to help with acclimatization or for bagging smaller peaks nearby.
Are the Atlas mountains safe?
No problem at all. The border has been closed for years and is guarded at several points. We often travel to Morocco – 2/3 times a year – and feel very safe. Moroccan people are very friendly and the country has been classified as the 3rd most welcoming country in the world.
Where should I stay in the High Atlas Mountains?
Boutique hotels in High Atlas
- Riad Cascades d’Ouzoud, Ouzoud.
- Ecolodge de Dar Itrane, Bougmez Valley.
- Douar Samra, Toubkal National Park.
- Domaine Malika, near Asni.
- Kasbah Bab Ourika, Ourika Valley.
- Kasbah du Toubkal, Imlil.
- Dar Tamazerte, Ourika Valley.
- The Capaldi Hotel & Spa, Lalla Takerkoust.
How hot does it get in Morocco?
Temperatures can get over 100° F / 38° C but generally, hover around the 85-95° F / 29-35° C range. Winters, by contrast, can be rather chilly. Average temperatures in winter in this area are around 54° F / 12° C during the days and the nights dropping to 40° F / 5° C.
Does Morocco have nice weather?
Weather and climate Morocco’s climate is very diverse, varying with the season and region. In general the country has a tropical climate, with temperatures reaching as high as 35°C (95°F) and as low as 5°C (41°F) in the Sahara. Marrakech and Agadir enjoy an average temperature of 21°C (70ºF) during the winter.
Does Morocco have 4 seasons?
A common misconception about Morocco is that it is scorching hot all year round. However, being a country on the Mediterranean, Morocco actually has four distinct seasons. Though temperatures vary, Morocco is usually very sunny, making it a perfect holiday destination.