- 1 What should I buy in Casablanca?
- 2 What can I bring back from Morocco?
- 3 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 4 What are the best souvenirs from Morocco?
- 5 Are things cheap in Morocco?
- 6 Is Casablanca safe at night?
- 7 How do you bargain in Morocco?
- 8 What can you buy in Moroccan souks?
- 9 Can you bring back spices from Morocco?
- 10 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 11 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 12 Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
- 13 What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
- 14 Can you wear shorts in Morocco?
- 15 How much money should I take to Morocco for 2 weeks?
What should I buy in Casablanca?
Casablanca: 15 Shopping Ideas for Travelers
- Ceramic Articles. Pottery appeared in Morocco 1000 years ago when the Berber population (Maures) built ovens in Fez, Meknes, Safi and Marrakech.
- Moroccan Jewelry.
- Teapot or Barad.
- Copper Articles.
- Argan Oil.
- Perfume Bottles.
- Leather Goods.
What can I bring back from Morocco?
There are a lot of things you can take back home, but here are the things you can only find in Morocco!
- Moroccan leather. The leather in Morocco is highly unique and tanned in a medieval way that hasn’t changed in centuries.
- Argan oil.
- Rugs and carpets.
- Moroccan pastries.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
11 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the Monarchy.
- Use Your Left Hand to Eat With.
- Walk Around in Beachwear (Away From the Beach)
- Expect Everyone to Speak English.
- Limit Your Stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to Be Like the Movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
What are the best souvenirs from Morocco?
Souvenirs You Must Buy in Morocco
- Ceramics. Blue and white – what a sight! Morocco is famous for its distinct pottery and ceramics.
- Spices. Ras El Hanout. What’s Ras el hanout?
- Lanterns. Let there be light!
- Tea Sets. Pinkies up!
- Argan Oil. The ultimate beauty product.
- Babouches. Shoe and tell.
Are things cheap in Morocco?
However, Morocco is still relatively cheap for many things and can be considered a budget destination if you bear these points in mind. Museums in Morocco are very affordable even when looking at it from the perspective of locals. Even a major tourist destination like Marrakech has very affordable entry fees.
Is Casablanca safe at night?
As always, common sense is the most important tool for staying safe. This is a general recommendation for any unfamiliar area, but should be followed in Casablanca as well: Avoid traveling alone at night. Although it is not a major concern, street crime and petty theft does occur in Casablanca.
How do you bargain in Morocco?
- Never act too interested in something. Even if you really like something don’t appear too enthusiastic.
- Don’t accept the first price given. If you do want something, offer a lower price.
- Group items.
- Pay in cash.
What can you buy in Moroccan souks?
15 Things You Must Buy In The Marrakech Souks
- Rugs. Berber rugs have lots of different weaves because there are over 40 tribes in Morocco each making their own style of carpet with unique embroidery.
- Lamps. Moroccan lamps can be bought in the UK but they are very expensive!
- Silver jewellery and trinkets.
- Freshly-squeezed orange juice.
Can you bring back spices from Morocco?
Spices are fine, either loose or packaged. Other exceptions (although they can also be found in some specialist outlets) are the famous Moroccan spice mixtures of ras el hanout (head of the shop) and chermoula.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Alcohol. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Morocco without offending local sensibilities, as long as you do it discreetly.
Is it safe to visit Morocco in 2020?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Morocco travel requires extra vigilance because it’s easy to have something happen to you.
What do female tourists wear in Morocco?
A woman traveling to Morocco should wear long skirts and dresses, jeans or pants that cover the knees, draping tunics, polo shirts, and camisoles that can be worn under sweaters and cardigans. Women generally wear sandals or loafers; rarely do they wear heels.
Can you wear shorts in Morocco?
BOTTOMS. Cultural Guidelines: Moroccan men don’t usually wear shorts. However, as tourists, it will be fine for you to wear shorts. If you want to fit in a little better, then you could consider packing long pants.
How much money should I take to Morocco for 2 weeks?
A vacation to Morocco for one week usually costs around MAD2,766 for one person. So, a trip to Morocco for two people costs around MAD5,532 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs MAD11,064 in Morocco.